There is nothing better than kids helping around in the kitchen. Here are some simple recipes we’ve made that kids can help make.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
Mix all ingredients together. Pour or scoop the batter on to the griddle/pan. Make one large circle (the face) with the batter and two smaller circles (the ears) at the top right and left of the larger one. Drizzle with your favorite syrup!
Tip: Can add ½ cup of bananas and crushed pecans in place of chocolate chips. You can also add some vanilla to sweeten it up if you’d like.
- 3/4 cup creamy or chunky style peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- 4 hot dog buns, split
- 2 small bananas
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Stir peanut butter and honey together
- Measure 3 tablespoons of the peanut butter-honey mixture and spread evenly onto one hot dog bun. Prepare the 3 other hot dog buns the same way
- Peel the 2 small bananas and cut in half, cutting from top to bottom
- Brush banana halves with the lemon juice (this will help keep the bananas from turning brown). Place one banana half into each hot dog bun.
Sunshine Lemonade Makes 6 or 7 servings
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- ice cubes
- lemon slices (if you like)
- strawberries (if you like)
- Cut each lemon in half through the middle.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemons. Throw away the seeds. You should have about 1 cup lemon juice. Poor lemon juice into a pitcher.
- Add water and sugar to the pitcher with the lemon juice.
- Stir together all the ingredients in the pitcher until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the lemonade over ice cubes in tall glasses. Put a lemon slice and a strawberry into each glass, if you like.
If you like orange lemonade: Follow this recipe, but use the juice from two oranges and three lemons and use only ½ cup sugar.