Anytime I am hosting a family dinner I like to have activities to keep the kids busy. This is a fun craft project for your kids to do on Thanksgiving while you are making dinner or cleaning up. They’ll have a blast creating and making their own Indian Necklaces!
You’ll want to prepare the colored pasta ahead of time so when the kids show up to make their Indian Necklaces everything is ready for them.
- Uncooked pasta in assorted shapes
- Food coloring
- Rubbing alcohol
- Ziploc bags
- Wax paper
- Sturdy string (limp string can be harder for little hands to manipulate)
What to Do:
- Place pasta in Ziploc bag. You’ll want to double the bag in case it leaks.
- Poor rubbing alcohol over pasta in bag covering each piece.
- Drop several drops of food coloring and mix until each piece is covered.
- Let the pasta sit to absorb the food coloring. The longer they sit the deeper the color.
- Once you have your desired color drain out liquid (do not rinse) and spread on waxed paper to dry.
- Make several different colors and try different shapes of pasta if desired.
- Cut the string to the right size for a necklace, leaving extra length to tie a knot. Make sure to size it generously g so your child will be able to slip out of it it should get caught on something.
- Thread pastas through string making your own patterns and mixing up different colors to create your own Indian necklace.
Note: This recipe is NOT EDIBLE. You can also purchase already colored pasta available in most grocery stores to save time.