Today we are making these adorable felt Easter baskets that kids can make themselves in a matter of minutes. These are so simple to make and the outcome is irresistibly cute!
My daughter and I made these using craft items I already had lying around (googly eyes, pipe cleaners & pom poms).
I purchased the bunny ears from Target for only $1.00 each. Got to love those dollar bins!
You can purchase the felt baskets from our Total Class Creative store here.
Let’s get started!
- Felt white basket 8in TCC
- Bunny ears
- Wiggle eyes
- Chenille stems (pipe cleaners)
- Pom poms (1in & 1/2in)
- White & pink felt (optional)
- Scissors (parents supervision)
- Glue gun (parents supervision)
- Fabric pen/marker
- Cut off bunny headband sides leaving the ears attached (see image)
- Cut three chenille stems to 5 in and twist together at the center
- Hot glue on bunny ears to the inside front of felt basket
- Glue on your chenille stems whiskers to the center middle of the felt basket
- Glue your 1/2 inch pom pom nose over the center of the chenille stems (whiskers). Then glue your googly eyes and 1 inch white pom pom for the bushy bunny tail.
- Finally using your marker draw the bunnies mouth. I even drew on eye lashes to make mine more girlish. All done!
Note: If you do not have store bought bunny ears you can make your own by cutting tear drop shapes from your white & pink craft felt. On each end of the two pink felt teardrop ears add a dab of glue and pinch the ends together.
Aren’t these cute?!? We even made our girl bunny a companion.
*The following products were used for this project: Total Class Creative- felt white basket 8in • Nicole Crafts- Chenille Stems (6mm x 12in) • Creatology- Wiggle Eyes (assorted sized eyes) • Target- dollar bin bunny ears.
Now how do I keep these hidden until the Easter egg hunt?!?