With July 4th coming up soon, we have some fun outdoor decor projects coming up within the next few weeks. These are perfect if you’re having a BBQ or just love to entertain during the summer.
You definitely won’t be short of the patriotic spirit after making our Star Entry Hanger & Shooting Star Umbrella Mobile.
Here’s some ideas for your outdoor celebration:
Star Entry Hanger
Start entertaining your guests as they walk up to your door with this Star Entry Hanger. All you need to do is make these stars (see instructions below) and hang them at different lengths from a decorative hook or wrought iron plant hanger. It’s that simple.
Shooting Star Umbrella Mobile
There is nothing more fun than going all-out on your party decorations. Your guests will love sitting below this stunning Shooting Star Umbrella Mobile.
All you need to do is make these stars (see instructions below) and hang them at different lengths from the inside of your outdoor umbrella & watch them sway in the summer breeze.
Think of all possibilities here! We’re sure you can think of even more ideas using our wood stars!
Note: Each wood star kit comes with (2) stars.
- Patriotic themed Scrapbook paper (red, white or blue prints) Choose your favorite patterns!
- O’scrap! Stickers- Thoughts that Stick- USA Thoughts
- Patriotic themed ribbon (red, white, blue, stars, stripes & silver) 1/8″ ribbon works best.
- Xyron™ machine (optional)
- X acto knife
- Sanding disks or sticks
- You can use a spray adhesive OR
- Modge Podge in place of Xyron™ machine to adhere paper to wood stars.
- Run scrapbook paper through the xyron™ machine with the patterned side faced up.
- Placed xyroned sheets of scrapbook paper onto the slotted wood pieces.
- Trim around the outside edge wood shapes as close as you can to the edge. (For the smaller areas use the x acto knife to trim off excess paper.)
- Sand excess paper off around all edges of wood.
- Using the Dremel, drill 1- 1/8″ hole along the top edges 1/2 inch from the edge.
- Embellish with your favorite patriotic stickers.
- Thread ribbon through drill hole and tie to your plant hanger or umbrella.
Tip: Lay same sized wood star pieces together before drilling. That way you can drill both pieces at the same time.
Thanks for joining us today! If you love this product click here to enter our June Freedom Giveaway this week. You can win a set for yourself and one for your friend just in time to decorate for July 4th!